16 August 2010

Knoxville, y'all!


The folks of Knoxville and Dandridge are friendly and I love their accent. Dandridge is near the home of the Frazier family. My Grandmother Lillie May Frazier was born in Oklahoma, but her father, Robert Patton Frazier was born within a few miles of here. I'm on a sort of exploratory genealogy mission to see what I can find.

So far I've learned the Baptist Churches are big, they have lots of tree around the highway here, mostly Kentucky Coffee trees like the weed trees I dug out of our backyard last week, and the east Tennessee hills are beautiful. I can see the hazy ridge of the Smokey Mountains from my hotel window.

Why in the world would the Fraziers have left this beautiful place for Missouri or Oklahoma? I'll do a little exploring of that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment